NOC Engineer / IT Operations Engineer - £35,000pa + (20% Shift Allowance) + Benefits
Urgent requirement for ITOC/ NOC Engineers for an IT Operations Centre (ITOC)
Located - South Birmingham, near Birmingham Airport
This client operates a fast-paced, dynamic and forward-thinking business designed for speed to market of quality consumer essentials streamlined for ease of access and ease of purchase. This organisation offer their clientele economy of scale and diversity of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.
This is a hands-on technical service operation role that provides service leadership and direction in the proactive monitoring of, systems, products and services 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 4 Days on 4 Days off
The ITOC provides real-time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure, applications, products and services within an enterprise environment and aims to provide a holistic operational view of an enterprise estate, technologies, products and services. The role ensures clients and IT teams are provided with the right level of support in service demand for UK and EU infrastructures.
You will need a technical background and you will be tenacious and passionate about customer service, automation, technology and will be a strong advocate of documented process and procedure.
- Hands on ITOC/NOC/SOC experience preferred
- System and services monitoring, reporting and presentation to management.
- Backup and Recovery, HA and work area recovery exposure.
- Understanding of server virtualisation, active directory (AD) and group policy (GP), anti-virus and endpoint management tools.
- Experience of APM tools such as Dynatrace, SolarWinds, New Relic and Microsoft AI.
- Networking (WAN / LAN / DNS / DHCP) and wireless (Cisco Meraki) systems understanding.
- Managed service and cloud-based service exposure (Azure, AWS, and Microsoft Office 365).
- Exposure to information security best practice policy and procedure.
- Desktop and Mobile device management exposure.
- IT Service Management experience aligned to ITIL good practice for event, incident, problem, config and change management processes.
Shift Pattern 4 days on 4 days off
- 6am - 6pm
- 11am - 11pm (Work from home)
- 7pm - 7am (Work From home)
- A strong technical IT background with previous experience of working in an ITOC/NOC/SOC environment.
- Working knowledge of automation tools
Apply now for immediate consideration & interview!!