Network Manager (Technical - Hands-On) - Tech Projects
Based at New Offices in London, West End with potential WFH Options
Minimum CCNP (or CCIE desirable)
Understanding of Prince 2 or ITIL, Carrier Grade Technologies, Protocols, BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions, DNS / DHCP, Carrier Grade Network Migration & Implementation, Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
£85,000 to £95,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package includes an enticing KPI Bonus Programme, 28 Days Annual Holiday to Start, Company Pension, Company Health & Dental Cover, Work from Home Options, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Company Rewards and Travel Loans.
Born in 2016 this ISP is now a key player in the niche market of Fibre Broadband and Media Communications.
Continuously growing due to envied investment, they are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused Technical Network Manager.
This role is a technically charged and technical focused role, and as the Technical Lead / Network Manager you will be reporting to the Head of Networks and have responsibility to oversee and manage Technical Projects, Technical Team Projects, Internal Network Designs and Network Infrastructure Development processes, Network Security and expansion of the client WAN's.
You will be involved with "Hands-On" Project Management, plus proven man-management experience with the ability to manage a Teams of 7 to 12 Network Engineers of varying technical competencies and will take responsibility for recruiting as your teams' size will increase.
As your Team will a predominantly "Network Project Focused Team", you will be expected to take ownership of full 360-degree projects lifecycle, from scoping right through delivery and optimisation.
To apply - The Technical Skills & Functional Experience needs are:
- Understanding of Prince 2 (or similar) project methodologies & their implementation.
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions and Network Automation.
- Strong experience in creating strategy for carrier grade network migration and implementation.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience of configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
- Experience producing technical documentation including Scope of Work, Project Plans and Migration Strategy.
- CCNP or CCIE or equivalent qualification or relevant past experience.
- Strong leadership capabilities, that helps to drive excellence and performance, collaboration and cohesion.
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Systems Integration Experience
- Exposure to Automation & SDN
Call Experis IT today for more information.