Network Manager - London, West End with WFH Option
Based at New Offices in London, West End with WFH Options.
Understanding of Prince 2 or ITIL, Carrier Technologies, Protocols, BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions, Carrier Grade network Migration & Implementation, Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
£75,000 to £90,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package includes an enticing KPI Bonus Programme, 28 Days Annual Holiday to Start, Company Pension, Company Health & Dental Cover, Work from Home Options, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Company Rewards and Travel Loans.
Born in 2016 this ISP is now a key player in the niche market of Fibre Broadband and Media Communications. Continuously growing due to envied investment, they are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused Network Manager.
This role is a technically charged role, and as Network Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Networks and have responsibility to oversee and manage Team Projects, Internal Network Designs and Network Infrastructure Development processes, Network Security and expansion of the client WAN's.
You will also have Project Management, plus proven man-management experience with the ability to manage a Teams of 7 to 12 Network Engineers of varying technical competencies and will take responsibility for recruiting as your teams' size will increase.
As your Team will a predominantly "Network Project Focused Team", you will be expected to take ownership of full 360-degree projects lifecycle, from scoping right through delivery and optimisation.
In this role you will be required to:
- Create an industry leading workforce based around the principles of best people, high performance, and opportunities for all through talent acquisition, talent development and remediation.
- Develop a culture which clearly outlines expectations for each member of the Network team and encourages personal responsibility and development
- Gather and analyse technical requirements and opportunities from internal stakeholders and convert them into potential projects
- Own, manage and deliver projects from the network projects pipeline.
- Work with internal business and external stakeholders to help ensure successful delivery of road mapped items.
- Create, manage and update the project plans & deliverables.
- Manage key vendors and suppliers' relationships to enable delivery of Product / Project roadmap, ensure adequate external services are available (where required) for project delivery.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects and resources.
- Create and present business case for specific technical equipment and solutions
- Work with the procurement team to develop pricing models based on input costs and commercial feedback.
- Working with the procurement team, ensure the equipment stocks are maintained at a healthy level.
- Provide technical input towards Network design, maintenance, security and optimisation.
- Measure network performance KPIs and ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
- Visit data centres & sites to ensure they are prepared inline with the project delivery.
- Support network operations as per business requirements.
To apply - The Technical Skills & Functional Experience needs are:
- Understanding of Prince 2 (or similar) project methodologies & their implementation.
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls, MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions and Network Automation.
- Strong experience in creating strategy for carrier grade network migration and implementation.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience of configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
- Experience producing technical documentation including Scope of Work, Project Plans and Migration Strategy.
- CCIE or equivalent qualification or relevant past experience. (Not required hands-on)
- Strong leadership capabilities, that helps to drive excellence and performance, collaboration and cohesion.
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Systems Integration Experience
- Exposure to Automation & SDN
Call Experis IT today for more information.