Great opportunity open for a Network Engineer with experience in network (LAN/WAN/Security) installation, administration and support, to come on-board and work for a reputable IT consultancy based in Aldershot, Hampshire. This will be a 6 month contract position with competitive rates on offer
* Network related certifications (Cisco CCNA or CCNP level).
* Minimum three-year experience with network (LAN/WAN/Security) installation, administration and support
* LAN/WAN solutions (VLANS, STP, routing protocols, link-aggregation, QoS, 802.1x)
* NGFW firewalls (including configuration of FW rules/translation/IPSec tunnels/VPN clients/web-filtering features)
* IPS and vulnerabilities management systems
* Load-balancing based on hardware devices
* Familiar with TCP/IP and related protocols such as DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, POP3, and SNMP
* Experience in Windows server and client operating systems
* Experience of build and operation of highly secure infrastructure systems
- In this position, you will have overall responsibility for engineering (design & build) and day-to-day support of the Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and NW Security.
- You will be responsible to troubleshoot and resolve network and security problems.
- Have the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems stemming from network congestion, network collisions and other network abnormalities.
- Will be required to monitor, meet and report on Service Level Agreements.
- Implement and Manage network policies and standards.
- You will work in a small, multi-skilled team across a range of technical products to build the system.
- You will be responsible for operating the system in a service management regime, and for ongoing continuous improvement and technical refresh projects.