Network Application Services Architect
Remote / Canary Wharf / Nottingham
The role of Architect is within the Technology Architecture group reporting into Architecture and Design Standards team. This group is responsible for the Architecture and Design Standards of network application services required globally and the architectural integration to scale application services across a hybrid multi-cloud strategy.
Our client is looking for a Director, Network Application and Services Architect to establish successful partnerships with our internal product and business stakeholders as well as external application and network service partners. This is a technical position for someone who can dive deep, build hybrid on premise and cloud-optimized network application service architectures, and develop a strategy with the clients business, product, architecture and design stakeholders.
The role involves elements of architecture, design, governance, and consultation to produce Network Application Service Architectures, Designs and Standards which align with business and architectural requirements. Moreover, to innovate, develop and establish new strategic services for the client.
As well as a proven technical background, the ideal candidate must be able to follow industry standard development frameworks incorporating planning, design, implementation, operation and optimization and be able to effectively participate in cross-functional meetings, clearly articulate Network Application Service features and capabilities, translate business requirements into technical requirements, and ultimately, into outcomes that are fit for purpose and use.
The role requires a techno-business expert and thought leader in key element(s) of the technical analysis, architecture, definition, design, construction, testing, installation and modification of properly engineered information systems to meet agreed business needs. An individual that analyses, researches and evaluates alternative solutions, and serves as subject matter expert between the business and IT organization. Ensuring Network Application Services architecture supports the execution of critical business applications and develops high-level continuance plans in the event of a lapse in the architectural infrastructure. Implements the balance between business and technology, provides consultancy into the project teams and defines the design and architecture governance function, signing off governance architecture / design against well-defined standards and best practices. The individual may also be required to perform technical analysis, due diligence and recommendations for acquisition or strategic partnership targets, possibly leading efforts on smaller acquisitions
Day to day responsibilities
The Network Application Services Architect will be responsible for technology architecture, design and development. And be involved in the development of hardware, software and IaC life-cycles. Involving close collaboration with vendors' technical teams. The role involves the evolution and development of hardware and software life-cycles for all deployed network application and service elements across multiple vendors.
The Network Application Services Architect will participate in defining standards and sit on standards forums with Architecture and Engineering. They will also be involved with external industry bodies and collaborate internally within Refinitiv governance forums such as the Clients Architecture and Domain Boards, IPv6 initiatives, Design Forum, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep and broad experience in a similar role
- Responsible for analysis, function design, and problem solving for next generation network applications and services and software defined products.
- In-depth vendor and hands on technical knowledge across a wide range of network applications and services technologies including load balancing, ingress control and DC proxy and deployment across physical, virtual and cloud-native based environments.
- In-depth knowledge of associated network service protocols such as NTP, PTP, DNS, DHCP and providing 'common' DC services to consuming tenants/applications
- Experience with multiple Cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, Google) in building and maintaining reliable infrastructure and security services
- Knowledge of technologies surrounding Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications and cloud networking technologies in the areas of SDN, NFV, SD-WAN
- Experience with both Windows and Linux administration and systems management
- Development experience with cloud platforms, APIs and orchestration
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate across organizational boundaries, to influence vendors and technology staff and to have an impact on the internal and external technology community.
- Have solid understanding of business practices and financial analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA (epic, story, bug, task tracking), Confluence and dev-ops CI/CD tools such as Gitlab
- Excellent written English, presentation skills with a strong attention to detail
- Task and results oriented ability to manage multiple streams of competing work concurrently and maintain a focus on results while thinking like a customer.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and organization skills with a focus on goals and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial Services Industry experience
- Real-time and low latency market data experience
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Service orchestration, SDN, NFV and programmable networks
- Technical knowledge of HPE/DELL based compute / storage technologies
- Working knowledge of a Programming Language (preferably Python)
- AWS, Azure, GCP Certification
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise on-prem and public Cloud design and implementation
9+ years of working within a Network Service and Application environment