Network Analyst - Cisco - Coventry
Cisco Networking skills (Cisco ASA Firewalls and Switches etc) - CCENT / CCNA / CCNP or equivalent will be highly desirable, Network Administration, Load Balancing, LA/WAN/WLAN Configuration, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Network monitoring software experience e.g., SolarWinds, PRTG, Logic Monitor.
This established online payment specialist are urgently pursuing several IT specialists to fill key positions to cope with continued growth in 2021 and into 2022.
A critical requirement is for a Cisco Certified CCENT / CCNA Network person to work in a newly formed IT Infrastructure team as a dedicated Network Analyst.
Reporting to the Network Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day stability and controlled changes of the client's networks and network operations across multiple sites and datacentres.
Your functional requirements for this role will involve:
- Daily network checks, reports and BAU tasks
- Assist 1st & 2nd Line Engineers with escalated problems
- Identify opportunities to improve our service to our customer base, so that SLAs are exceeded, and customer feedback is consistently high
- Provide assistance to colleagues both within and outside of the Technical Operations team for any issues related to our application and platforms
- Improve on existing systems and capacity monitoring
- Adhere to all internal processes (change/incident/problem etc.) as set out by the IT department
- Ensure all aspects of the system are adequately documented and reviewed
To secure this role your technical portfolio will consist of:
- Strong Cisco Networking skills (ASAs, Switches etc) - CCENT or equivalent experience would be looked upon most favourably
- Good extended network administration experience, Load balancers, VMWare, WAN, WLAN and LAN configurations, network problem solving
- Excellent understanding of all DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience working in a change control environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to interpret fault descriptions provided by customers or internal escalations and translate these into resolutions
- ITSM experience i.e. server desk plus
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Good knowledge of any of the below would also be advantageous
- Configuration and support of VMWare ESX environments
- Microsoft SQL server experience
- Windows Server and desktop management and configuration
- Network Load Balancers
- Network monitoring software experience e.g., SolarWinds, PRTG, Logic Monitor
- Enterprise storage
Salary is £33,000pa to £38,000pa + an excellent Benefits Package which includes 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays, Company matched auto enrol pension scheme, Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary, Option to join the company private health scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Free car parking on site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office, Flexible working hours.
Call Experis IT today for more information!