NetOps Engineer - London, West End with WFH Option
Based at New Offices in London, West End with WFH Options
NetOps - Network Automation, Monitoring, Systems Security & Networking Protocols (SNMP, BGP, IPsec, NetFlow, VPNs, DHCP, DNS & IPv6), MPLS, OSPF, Implementing, Administration and Support of Linux Servers (Centos), Design, Install, Setup & Maintenance of High Availability Monitoring Systems for Networks, Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools, Install automation solutions for network & systems deployments (based on Python / Perl / Ansible), Deploy & Maintain Systems & Network Backup Solutions, Design and apply Security Policies to the Networking Systems, Implement & Support AWS Direct Connect & VPCs, Maintenance, Testing, Disaster Recovery, Fail-over, Security patches to OS and applications, Design & Implement Automation to support scaling of Networks.
£60,000pa to £65,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package includes an enticing KPI Bonus Programme, 27 Days Annual Holiday to Start, Company Pension, Company Health & Dental Cover, Work from Home Options, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Company Rewards and Travel Loans.
Born in 2016 and now a key player in the niche market of Fibre Broadband and Media Communications, this dynamic and growing Network Services Provider are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused NetOps Engineer.
Ideally, you will have a strong background in Network Automation, Monitoring, Systems Security & Networking Protocols including experience of implementing, administration and support of Linux Servers
This NetOps Engineer role will appeal to a professional, ambitious and motivated Network Engineer who is seeking to develop their expertise working with a variety of systems such as Monitoring, IP Addressing, Inventory Management & Automation.
This NetOps Engineer role will challenge you to draw on your current experience to develop one of the UK's most innovative ISP, Fibre and Telecoms companies the UK has seen! Working within the Network Team, you'll be the go-to person for NetOps activity, bridging the gap between core networking and supporting systems along with Automation.
This NetOps Engineer role will allow you to develop your expertise in working with a variety of systems such as Monitoring, IP Addressing, Inventory Management & Automation.
What you'll do:
- Install, Setup & Maintain Highly Available Monitoring Systems for Networks
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools
- Apply Security Policies to the Networking Systems
- Implementing & Supporting AWS Direct Connect & VPCs
- Assist with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures
- Apply security patches to OS and applications
- Implement and maintain automation to support scaling of network
- Deploy & Maintain DNS & DHCP High Availability Pairs
- Install automation solutions for network & systems deployments (based on python/perl/ansible)
- Troubleshoot and resolve application security level issue
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience in installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Centos) systems with primary focus on network & monitoring applications
- Experience with configuration management applications like PUPPET/Ansible is desirable.
- Possess strong network protocols & TCP stack knowledge and supporting systems (such as SNMP, BGP, IPSec, Netflow, VPNs, DHCP, DNS & IPv6) MPLS, OSPF, BGP / iBGP
- Extensive Hands on experience with Git & AWS (Direct Connect, EC2 & VPCs)
- Experience with setting up monitoring systems like Elasticsearch, ICINGA2, Zabbix and Grafana is MUST.
- Good knowledge of Web Application Security protocols and tools like OWASP, IP Tables and OpenVPN.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Competence in IP, HTTPS, DHCP and DNS Deployments.
- Experience with working systems with high availability.
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
- Experience in working in a small team and being self-sufficient.
- Experience in Agile environment.
- Understanding of Project Lifecycle.
- Ability to manage own time and work under pressure to prioritize Ad Hoc requests.
- Take initiative and participate in other projects.
Call Experis IT today for more information.