NetOps & IT Systems Lead - Central London
Networks - Automation / Cisco / Huawei / Nokia - NetOps - Projects - AWS - Linux - IT Infrastructure
£85,000pa to £95,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package includes an enticing KPI Bonus Programme, 27 Days Annual Holiday to Start, Company Pension, Company Health & Dental Cover, Work from Home Options, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Company Rewards and Travel Loans - Based at New Offices in London with potential WFH Options.
Born in 2016 and now a key player in the niche market of Fibre Broadband and Media Communications, this dynamic and growing Network Services Provider are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused Systems & NetOps Lead.
Reporting to the Head of Networks you will have responsibility to oversee and Manage Team Projects, internal Projects Design and Development Processes, Network Security and expansion of the client LAN/WAN Network Infrastructure.
Ideally, you will have a strong background in Network Automation, Monitoring, Systems Security & Networking Protocols including experience of implementing, administration and support of Linux Servers.
The IT Systems and NetOps Team Lead will have a varied technical dynamic and their skills include: NetOps - Network Automation using Python and/or Ansible, Monitoring, Cloud & AWS, Systems Security & Networking Protocols (SNMP, BGP, IPsec, NetFlow, VPNs, DHCP, DNS & IPv6), Implementing, Administration and Support of Linux Servers (Centos), Design, Install, Setup & Maintenance of High Availability Monitoring Systems for Networks, Linux (Centos) & Databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL etc), Automation Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools, Deploying & Maintaining Systems & Network Backup Solutions, Design and applying Security Policies to the Networking Systems, Implementing & Supporting AWS Direct Connect & VPCs, Maintenance, Testing, Disaster Recovery, Fail-over, Security patches to OS and applications, Designing & Implementing Automation to support the scaling up of Networks.
This is predominantly a Technical Team Lead role, however, please be aware that you will also be required to focus on internal Projects, Design, Implementation and rolling out of Projects i.e. "Full lifecycle of Projects!", from initial scoping, right through from Delivery, Automation and Optimisation.
Your role Responsibilities will be:
- Lead a small team of NetOps & IT / Infrastructure Systems Engineers.
- Offer Technical Hands-On Assistance where required
- 360 Degree Project Management and Projects Design expertise
- Gather and analyse technical requirements and opportunities from internal stakeholders and convert them into potential projects
- Own, manage and deliver projects from the systems projects pipeline.
- Work with internal business and external stakeholders to help ensure successful delivery of road mapped items.
- Create, manage and update the project plans & deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects and resources.
- Provide technical input towards system design, maintenance, security and optimisation.
- Ensure the uptime is maintained on business-critical systems & SLAs are adhered to.
- Visit data centres & sites to ensure they are prepared in line with the project delivery.
- Support operations as per business requirements.
Your Skills, experience and qualifications (required) include:
- Experience of working in the ISP or Large Carrier Background ideally
- Understanding of Prince 2 (or similar) project methodologies & their implementation
- Experience in network projects delivery
- Experience of installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL etc)
- Experience working with Automation using Python and/or Ansible
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters
- Solid understanding of security best practices and the means to implement them
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS EC2 instance, Direct connect etc)
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including OSPF/ISIS, DHCP & DNS, IPv6, Firewalls, VPN solutions
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience with setting up Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Elasticsearch, ICINGA2, Zabbix etc
- Experience producing technical documentation including Scope of Work, Project Plans and Migration Strategy
- The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred):
- ISP or Large Carrier Background Ideally
- Service provider background
- Robust Network Security Exposure
- Exposure to SDN
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies.
Call Experis IT today for more information.