Job Role: Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Industry: Metal Processing Plant (Oil & Gas)
Shift: Days & Nights
Permanent - Full Time
My client is recognised around the world as the leading supplier of advanced heat transfer technologies that provide the efficiencies, cost and energy savings demanded by the largest global companies in the oil, gas, petrochemical and power generation markets.
An on-going programme of investment in people, systems and technologies is ensuring continuous and market-leading growth to meet ever-increasing demand for highly compact diffusion-bonded heat exchangers which have earned a reputation for performance and safety over 25 years.
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains assigned manufacturing-related equipment throughout the facility in accordance with standard procedures, internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies. Performs a wide variety of skilled work across multiple - functions and operations of the preventative maintenance system.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Planned and preventative service and repairs on all Electrical and Mechanical equipment, and provides 1stlevel fault finding on plant and equipment, initiating repairs.
- Install and test safety of new plant and equipment. Ensure right first time completion of tasks within the given time schedules. All documentation and systems are maintained
- Compliant with all H&S Regulations, maintaining a safe and effective work area/environment.
- Compliance with all machinery safety, permit to works and lock out/tag out practices.
- Ensuring high level of reporting unsafe conditions/unsafe acts, identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Generate and implement Continuous Improvements and lean practices which include high level of 6.
- Maintaining the operational efficiency of the Effluent treatment plant, fault finding / repairs
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Level 3 diploma/NVQ standard in either Electrical Technical Services or Electrical Installation OR
- Level 3 Diploma in Installing Electro-technical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) OR
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations" (Buildings and Structures) if part of an Apprenticeship OR
- Mature Candidate Assessment Qualification (in place of above)
- PLUS Mechanical Experience
Preferable to have the following:
18th Edition Wiring Regulations (17th Edition acceptable)
AM2 - Achievement Measure Test