Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners.
Working here is more than just a job - many of the projects you will work on are of national importance and everything is focused on defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of high-profile customers.
In this role, you'll focus on the delivery of maintenance across all aspects of building services and display strong knowledge of building systems across all disciplines with a key competency in either electrical or mechanical maintenance.
As a Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer you'll be responsible for undertaking pre-preventive maintenance, repair, and reactive tasks.
- Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings
- Deliver specialist technical maintenance support & services in relation to building plant / equipment
- Prioritisation of work programme to satisfy business needs
- Form part of the on call rota within the Maintenance Team
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
Key Capabilities / Knowledge
- Adheres to the organisation's behavioural principals: Integrity, Excellence, Care, Teamwork and Commitment
- Excellent organisational Skills
- Strong technical background
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work and engage across departments.
- Good verbal, written and listening skills
- Drive and enthusiasm; 'can do' approach
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to organise / prioritise work
- Ability to thrive as part of a team, and work independently where appropriate
- Work may involve working across multiple locations within reasonable travel distance
Experience & Qualifications
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 (in a relevant discipline electrical or mechanical)
- Good knowledge and level of competency in other areas of building services (BMS, electrical or mechanical services)
- Competent Microsoft Office Suite User
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving licence