Title: MongoDB Database Administrator
Length: 6 months
Rate: £450 per day (via umbrella)
As a MongoDB Database Administrator, you will have an opportunity to manage and support the MongoDB Database systems, whilst designing and developing the related infrastructure. You will play a key role in delivering database and infrastructure changes contributing to the strategy, architecture and future direction. Your role will involve working with a number of different stakeholders and a variety of application teams in order to investigate and resolve any production issues.
Core Working hours from Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm. There may be requirement to work on some weekends depending on business demand.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in.
What will you be doing?
- Providing robust engineering support for MongoDB
- Reacting quickly to resolve production issues at all times of the day
- Taking ownership of issues and enhancements, progressing them through to a suitable conclusion
- Working with application teams to understand their requirements and then to deliver the solutions
- Understanding timescales and priorities and balancing these to ensure deliveries
- Providing Level 3 support as part of 24/7 cover, including weekends on a rotational basis
What We're Looking For
- Good working knowledge of MongoDB
- Previous experience in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) for incident and change management
- Proven working knowledge of scripting on a Linux platform
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical skills
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Proven excellent database administration skills
- Proven ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- Ability to work as a team player and work independently
- Experience of working with a number of different stakeholders and teams