Missions Systems Analyst
c.£25000 - £35,000
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
We provide Subject Matter Expertise in support of the development and provision of new and upgraded mission systems' capabilities primarily within the Air and Joint C2 domains, but expanding to provide solutions pan-domain. Primarily working in defence, we have several roles to offer, across all levels of experience, within the Mission Systems domain (including expertise in on-platform systems, mission planning and other support systems, and interoperability) that will ensure the UK's capability both now and in the future.
Based either at our Lincoln Office, you will become part of an ever-expanding team of Mission Systems experts who will influence the way mission systems are designed and operate in an ever more complex environment. At the heart of the Mission Systems Solutions capability is our ability to manage and make sense of information and data; you will be, or will become, expert in the gathering, processing, assimilation, fusion of data, and exploitation of information for use in the on-board, off-board and interoperability areas. You will work in a variety of teams that deliver cutting-edge solutions on advanced platforms and systems. You will be challenged to be creative and innovative in the Mission Systems arena and develop a deep understanding of information and data flow and exploitation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Developing or operating complex mission systems including on-platform systems, mission planning and other support systems, and interoperability systems.
- Development of algorithms using MATLAB and/or Python.
- Systems understanding.
- Assessing performance through data and statistical analysis.
- Innovative thinking and novel approaches to analysis techniques.
- Adapting and applying knowledge to unfamiliar domains.
- Development of tools and models to improve efficiency and answer complex problems.
- The production or use of mission data.
- A good understanding of procedures and concepts related to system test and analysis.
Knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Engineering design and implementation processes and methodologies.
- Intelligence Mission Data
- Simulation, operational analysis and synthetic environments.
- Sensor fusion and management.
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Neural Networks.
- Communication systems and techniques, including datalinks.
- Mission planning techniques and data sources.
- Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable and suitable experience.
- Ideally with experience in industry.
- UK national (and not dual-national) and willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV as required.
- Innovative self-starter, driven to deliver great results.
- Shows initiative, offers solutions to problems.
- Enthusiastic team player, able to lead and motivate others.
- Quality conscious with strong risk awareness. Able to follow processes and procedures.
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted, I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at