Role: M365 Infrastructure Delivery Consultant
Start Date: ASAP
Daily rate: £495p.d.
The Technical Operations support the Infrastructure Platforms, Identity and Access Management, Communications and Collaboration and End User Computing services consumed by the business and its users globally.
The team have the requirement for a Microsoft Infrastructure Delivery Consultant who will be a key technical resource for the delivery of the M365Programme). The M365 Programme will deliver the migration of File shares, Exchange mailboxes, Public Folders, Personal Drives and Instant Messaging Platforms to M365 products such as Exchange Online, Teams, Sharepoint 365 and OneDrive for Business.
Objectives of the consulting services
The role of the Consultant is to :
· Complete critical technical work in-line with key deliverables of the M365 Programme.
· Work with Microsoft Consultants to meet strict deadlines associated with the projects under the programme
· Manage the Infrastructure outsourced Service Providers through transfer sessions in relation to the M365 suite of products.
· Ensure support processes and solutions are delivered to the business and its user base in a timely, accurate and consistent fashion.
· Understand and utilise the processes, tools and technology used by the business to facilitate delivery of the key strategic projects, aimed at transforming the company infrastructure estate.
Scope of Services
· Deliver technical tasks for the M365 programme
· Work on and provide governance for projects relating to M365 programme including Exchange Online. Sharepoint, Teams, and OneDrive for Business Tasks.
· Document solutions, fixes and remediation actions and transition to third party vendor
· Document and carry out analysis, testing and implementation of technical solutions and processes
· Review, implementation, change control and support of documentation to standards
· Support project production environments across the M365 environments?
· Run knowledge transfer sessions that include shadowing and signing off third party capability?
· Maintain all support documentation and update as necessary on an ongoing basis including authoring new documentation in the ServiceNow Knowledge database to cover new technical support processes
Ways of working
· Use Scrum/Agile principles to help to establish and continuously improve working practices.
· Motivate self and others to continually reflect, adapt to improve quality and delivery cadence.
· A diligent and conscientious approach to completing work on time and to an agreed, acceptable level of quality
· Working in other technologies used at beyond your core disciplines as required by strategic and project demands.
· Help others by undertaking tasks related to your discipline when required.
· Support the Transition of this Scope of Services to a Third Party Provider once appointed.
The Consultant shall liaise closely with the Principal's and M365 programme Architects, Project Managers and Data Migration Lead on Services requested by the programme. The role will work with Microsoft and other third party vendors, work stream leads, project and programme managers as well as specialist IT resources and support teams.
· Programme requirements and rationalisation
· Work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams and contexts, responding to their differing needs and levels of expertise, in an agile delivery model.
· Infrastructure governance and oversight of project deliveries.
· Participate in public procurement activities.
· Assessments and review of partner's technical artefacts.
The business shall not seek to exercise any direction, control, or supervision over the Consultant's working methods in the provision of services. Within the scope of services, the Consultant shall complete their work in adherence to relevant company policies, processes and standards.
As a deliverable, the Consultant will ensure this scope of services is successfully transitioned to a Third Party Provider and the knowledge transfer complete.
* 4+ years of professional SME experience working with Microsoft Office 365 Products in an Enterprise environment
* A good working knowledge of the entire M365 stack, including Product interactions and use cases.
* Have extensive experience with managing Active Directory Services On-Premise.
* Knowledge of Active Directory, group policy and login scripts.
* Experience with CIFS File Shares, ACLs, and File Server Migrations
* Knowledge of Azure Active Directory, RBAC, MFA, PIM and Conditional Access
* Knowledge of O365 with a focus on Teams, SharePoint 365, OneDrive for Business and Exchange Online.
* Experience working with Microsoft FastTrack consultants and other third parties to deliver a M365 migration.
* TCP/IP connectivity debugging.
* Experience in working with enterprise scale applications, high availability architectures, load balancing & disaster recovery
* Knowledge of application and cloud security fundamentals.
* Working closely with Project Managers and project resources.
* Good automation experience.
* Knowledge of PowerShell, and its general use of automating day to day tasks including AD and AzureAD and Microsoft modules
* Knowledge of modern infrastructure practices and delivering Automation
o Knowledge and experience of working with ITIL processes especially Incident, Request, Configuration and Change Management
o Experience of working with complex supplier relationships
o Experience of supporting a large strategic business change programme as a technical expert
o Working knowledge of EUC software deployment and configuration management services such as System Center Configuration Manager, Blackberry UEM and/or Microsoft Intune
o Education and Qualifications