Mechanical Designer - Marine
Locations can be Rosyth Dockyard, Bristol BTC, Devonport Dockyard
Possible locations: Bideford, Lichfield, Warrington.
Pay rate: UMB/LTD - £22-33 Max PAYE £23.64 - £28.13
6 month contract
General Description of Job:
Candidates need a minimum of 2 years' experience within Marine as well as in routing mechanical systems and generating outputs
Candidates must have routing mechanical systems (piping & HVAC) from P&Ids and also experience on generating outputs for the systems, such as spools, isometrics and piping arrangements.
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer to support and contribute the growth of an exciting project for defence marine customer.
For more than a century, our client, a prime defence support provider, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering service. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Our Mechanical Designers are responsible for the creation of drawings, technical documentation and other design deliverables to specified standards.
Specifically, this role requires; a good understanding of Mechanical and Marine systems applicable to Naval Ships and the associated engineering and design and installation standards. The individual must be able to demonstrate competent CAD & MS Office software skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Interpreting mechanical and marine system information from technical specifications
defence standards and installation drawings
* Competent in modifying and updating mechanical system drawings and associated
technical information utilising CAD systems and documentation software
* Identify impact of change within marine systems associated with other interfaced
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
* Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are
* Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent engineering
academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
* Utilise Autodesk AutoCAD % MS Office software