Mechanical Design Engineer - Aircraft Seats
Location: Hybrid role (hybrid 2 days remote 3 days on-site in Cwmbran, Wales)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Pay: £490 via Umbrella ONLY (Inside IR35)
The Successful candidate will have to apply for a BPSS check
Areas of work:
- Design seat modules
- Improve the maturity of the current seat modules
- Manage the teams working on seat module designs
- Development Work Packages
- General Resource augmentation
- Minimum 5 years aircraft seating and/or aircraft interiors experience
- Proven track of records of the project with airlines or airframe manufacturers or aircraft interior OEM's (seating is preferred)
- Lead mechanical design team and be focal point of communication with customer and suppliers related to mechanical design aspect.
- Develop complex design concepts and mechanisms, BOMs, detailed design of seating components and lead successful design integration to ensure customer/airframe regulatory requirements are met.
- Accountable for checking and validating design deliverables produced within design organization throughout product lifecycle.
- Lead design reviews and ensure on time delivery of engineering milestones.
- Responsible for applying processes and methods for product design and ensuring process compliance through change management, design optimization, DFMEA, GD&T, design for manufacture and knowledge management.