£38,000 - £40,000 + Benefits + Flexible Working
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Optical and Infrared Materials Scientist to join a leading Global Defence Technology & Security organisation. You will be working on cutting edge research and development projects in a multi-disciplinary team of Physicists, Chemists and Engineers. The work is varied, exciting and top secret in nature.
What will I be doing?
You will be a part of the Electro-Optic and Infrared Sciences team within Applied Science and be actively involved in developing bespoke solutions for novel applications across the breadth of the business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading technical tasks relating to optical and infrared materials research & development.
- You will produce device prototypes to demonstrate effects to customers.
- You will formulate and produce materials with defined optical properties.
- You will contribute ideas and concepts for internal and external investment and business growth.
- You will conduct numerical modelling studies to complement the design process.
What do I need?
- You must have experience of materials, such as, e.g. metamaterials, plasmonic materials, photonic band gap structures, paints, coatings, thick and thin film synthesis methods.
- You should have experience of numerical modelling methods and applications.
- You must have proficiency in using standard optical test equipment.