Manufacturing and Quality and Inspection Technician
Location: Cardiff - Wales
Pay rate: £9.74 p/hr - £11.14 inc shift allowance
6 Month Contract
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. We have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
- View to become permanent
- Salary - £20,000 + 14.4% shift allowance
- Shifts - 2 shift rotations: 6:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00 (weekly)
What you'll do
The Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician performs incoming product inspection of finished products, assemblies, and compounds for good manufacturing/laboratory practices (GMP/GLP) to verify product meets specifications and are free of damage or defects.
- Be responsible for sampling and testing to specifications of raw materials, in-process samples & semi-finished products.
- Discard or reject products, material not meeting specifications
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations and work for conformance to specifications
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions
- Preforming environmental monitoring of the cleanrooms.
- Ensure that local EHS procedures are followed.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Knowledge and understanding of acceptance activity requirements for incoming, in process, and final inspection requirements (as associated with job type/position) to ensure that a device conforms to its specification and out of specification items are properly handled.
- Knowledge and understanding of Deviations, Concessions, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation and Good Documentation Practices requirements, as associated with this job type/position
- Aware of and comply with the Clients Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Who you are
- 4 years working experience in a Laboratory
- You will have clear communication skills both written and verbal
- You will have the ability to work flexibly and train in new techniques.
- Good understanding and interpolation of Engineering drawings
- A good knowledge of computers - competent in using Microsoft word and excel
- Understanding of GLP and GDP
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multitask