Manufacturing Operations Manager - GMP, Medical Devices
Based in Manchester
Salary up to £60,000
Description of role: To direct and manage manufacturing and QC for product lines meeting both external and internal demands globally. Manage operations through effectively resource and materials management to ensure the on-time and compliant availability of finished products to external and internal customers.
Overall responsibility: Management of the operations department to Business as usual requirements and deliver transformational change in line with PMO.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of manufacturing and QC operations to ensure the "on time and in full" delivery of finished products and reagents.
- Manage production operations and resources to ensure the cost-efficient manufacture of finished products to the required quality standards and product specifications.
- Responsible for the generation and filing of all documentation and production records that support the batch manufacture of products to agreed quality standards.
- Train and develop and coach sub-ordinates so that manufacturing and QC activities are effect and focused toward the provision of a first class and cost-efficient operation.
- Ensure that all manufacturing and QC employees operate and maintain essential equipment to a high standard and that all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant regulations and recommendations governing safety, health and environmental standards.
- Apply a continuous improvement culture identifying opportunities to maximise efficiency, quality and reproducibility of finished products.
- Working closely with R&D, validate and implement new operating procedures and manufacturing processes that expand the scope of products manufactured.
- Be responsible for identifying material and operational costs of manufacture ensuing that manufacturing costs are accurately identified and monitored at all times.
- Science degree or equivalent
- Previous experiences of a manufacturing operations to GMP Standards
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience of quality standards within a manufacturing organisation
- Highly developed numeracy and organisational skills
- Excellent communicator and articulate
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
Desirable: Experience within an IVD professional setting.
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.