Experis are exclusively recruiting for a Linux Specialist Engineer on a contract basis for a central government client. The successful contractor will be responsible for providing specialist support, development, and lifecycle management for Linux technologies including the setup and installations of Python Server (for RStudio) for the organisation's users.
- To assist in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support of Linux systems to a professional (ITIL certified) standard and to meet user requirements
- Complete complex project work in relations to system and server implementation including Python Server
- Strong experience in server deployment, migrations, operations, backups, and design.
- Contribute towards the adoption of DevOps / Automation.
- Delivering both physical and software activities to agreed timescales in line with the agreed delivery frameworks
- Some automation / scripting experience in Python
- Day to day network management.
- Train user(s) on the usage of applications and technical systems as required.
- Support of any other technical infrastructure as directed.
- Resolve incidents in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Storage solutions
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions