Lead Software Engineer (SIL-2)
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. Their formula for success is the appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this organisation offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new project which involves working on cutting-edge and innovative solutions for customers within the Defence & National Security sectors. You'll supervise and work with a team of five Software Engineers to create software for adaptors and help set up the project environment. SIL-2 experience is essential for this role and we're ideally looking for someone with programming skills in C++ (or other languages).
The base location for this role is Portsmouth and we're open to candidates that are based outside of the local area as we're open to discussing long-term flexible working arrangements for the right person.
- SIL-2 level development / assurance
- Software language C++ or other languages
- Ability to train people in the 'correct' use of various tools
- Good team building and motivation skills
- Ensure adherence to the 'correct' processes and procedures
- Competent in configuration control
- Experience in maritime integration and de-risking these activities
Our client are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. Their reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets