Lead QA Engineer - Java, Selenium, Junit, Servlets
London - £60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
My client, a global market-leading IT Services company is seeking to appoint an experienced Lead QA Engineer / Automation Architect to take responsibility for developing new automations using various tools such as QTP, Selenium, Cucumber, and other in-house automation frameworks along with integration of different products.
As an Automation Architect you will research test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes, as well as facilitate test-driven development, not only through automated tests, but as an approach that all developers on team should embrace.
What will you be doing on the day to day?
- Create & Maintain comprehensive Automation Test Suite
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests
- Reviewing Business Requirements and preparing test scenarios
- Build Automation Test suite for UI, API and Mobile
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design
In order to hit the ground running, you will need to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Good Communication Skills, written & verbal
- Hands-on experience specifying, establishing and managing test environments and test data for load and functional automation projects
- Good Understanding of End to End Delivery and also experiences in all Testing types
- Experience in defining and implementing test automation solutions
- Good Communication skills
- Good Stakeholder Management
- Agile Methodologies
- Object-oriented programming language: Java (preferably)
- Setting up Test automation framework using Junit, TestNG etc. (Hands-on experience)
- Proficiency in writing REST API automation tests AND/OR Experience in working with micro services, orchestration technologies. (API testing experience)
- Build tool: Maven, Gradle, Jenkins etc. (CI experience)
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development and experience in programming and testing with cucumber, serenity etc.
If you feel you have the pre-requisite skills, please click apply in the first instance.
Automation Tester, Automation Architect, Lead Software Engineer in Test, BDD, Junit, TestNG, Java, Automation Testing