Analytics and Lead Analytics Consultant
X2 Positions fully Remote Based
Our client is a Microsoft Gold Partner their Analytics Consultants are experts in turning complex data into easy to interpret, visual, useable information. They have a track record in developing analytics that support strategic and operational decisions, identify large savings and track success. Their team work with a huge variety of datasets (from internal structured databases to external files and spreadsheets) covering themes such as social care, public health, finance, education, housing and economic development, with the aim of turning information into insight and moving the sector away from a dependence on out-dated reporting tools and static spreadsheets.
The Lead Analytics Consultant is integral to ensure they keep up to date with current public sector priorities, maintain high quality standards of delivery and continue to be at the cutting edge of analytics capability. They are looking for an Analytics and Lead Analytics consultant.
- Working across multiple projects.
- Developing complex analytics in Power BI,
- Responsible for ensuring that the analytics developed by other team members are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- You will lead kick-off meetings with customers to define requirements and work through their business processes to ensure we have a solid understanding of how the data aligns to day-to-day practice.
- You will then ensure these are documented and agreed by the customer and your Principal Consultant.
- You will also run playback sessions to present the analysis and follow-up with subject matter experts where necessary, supporting our Analytics Consultants to problem solve when new requirements arise.
- As a consultant working on behalf of other organisations, this includes a minimum level of professional standards; active listening, supporting people to use new tools and approaches, great presentation skills, and an organised approach to delivery.
- Analyse data for patterns and trends using statistical principles, and design visualisations to highlight your findings
- Work with users to understand requirements and produce detailed delivery specifications
- Produce clear and concise documentation and support users during technical handovers
- Effectively manage the work of others, troubleshooting, supporting and quality assuring analytics delivery
- Confidently integrate databases to understand data structures, table relationships and business logic
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years' experience working in a data analytics role, developing insights for a range of audiences
- Experience of leading a team of at least 2 direct reports, including work management and people development
- At least 2 years' experience of using Power BI, including: transforming data using Power Query and M creating data models and analysing data using DAX producing effective data visualisation across reports and dashboard publishing, scheduling dataset refresh and distribution of Apps in the Power BI Service
- Experience of working in the public sector, or experience of working with complex organisations and an understanding of public sector priorities and challenges
- Experience of business analysis and/or process mapping
- Knowledge of how data should be handled to comply with information governance principles
- Have a passion for developing analytics that can transform the way people make decisions
Confidently present complex subjects to a range of audiences at all levels of an organisation
- Be organised, think logically and effectively manage your own time and that of others
- Be a natural problem solver and use your initiative to seek answers and solutions
- Be open to new ways of working and encourage others to do the same
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in relevant technology and analytical approaches