Role: Lead Product Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months initially
Based in Leeds & Sheffield, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies and one of Yorkshire's two tech unicorn businesses. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a place where you can be who you really want to be and grow the way you want to grow. Everything we've done - better - has got us to where we are today. It's made us one of the Top 100 Best Companies to work for 5 years in a row.
Tomorrow, we can go even further because better is just the beginning.
Our team is the touch point for every provision within the portfolio, owning the critical components that enable us to ensure business viability; customer registration, identify verification, login, single-sign-on, deposits and withdrawals, account management, regulatory compliance, and Safer Gambling tools to enable millions of weekly customers to manage their account effectively and securely.
Whether you're a technical or product lead, if you're innovative and passionate about creating great customer experiences then the Customer Tribe is for you.
What you'll do
As a Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for championing product thinking and leadership within the Customer Tech and Product (CTAP) Team. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will have line management responsibility of several Product Managers and oversee at a high level the short-medium term direction, ensuring that our teams consistently deliver the right thing in an iterative approach. The domains you will be responsible for are:
* Central promotions platform
* Customer operations tooling
* Risk technology
* Marketing technology
But, "what am I really going to be doing?", you ask…
* Product leadership - all Product Managers in CTAP are equipped and have autonomy to influence and build forward roadmaps for their respective domains. That said, everyone can benefit from regular feedback to validate their thinking, and you will be there to offer just that; positively challenging our Product Managers' thinking and approach, ensuring that the direction and priorities of individual teams are aligned to wider business priorities. Be that person who's always sense checking "what do our customers get from this piece of work", or "what value does this deliver for the business".
* Coaching and mentorship - Product Managers go through ups and downs, and sometimes support and guidance from someone who's more experienced, been there, got the t-shirt can be invaluable to boost confidence and pull a colleague out of a difficult situation. Equally, as a Product leader you have the opportunity to help elevate and develop our Product Managers from day-to-day firefighters to more strategic, business level thinkers.
* Stakeholder management - You will often represent CTAP in discussions wider than just our squads. We have big ambitions; our stakeholders will always push for us to do more and to go faster. As a Lead Product Manager, you are there to manage expectations, foster trust and maintain a balance between ambition, doing the right thing, and speed. Your product voice in these sessions is key, and you are expected to challenge appropriately to foster a collaborative Product-Tech-Delivery approach to solving problems
* Communicator - The pace here means that there is a lot going on at once! You're going to have to know what, when, how, where to communicate to ensure as many people as possible are brought up to speed and aligned with your priorities.
* Organisation - we love our tribe and people. We try to create a fun and supportive environment through various tribe level activities, wellbeing initiatives, Hack-a-thons, fortnightly updates etc. These takes time and effort to organise, and as a senior member of the Tribe you'll work together with your peers to plan, organise and make these special moments happen
* Get your hands dirty - Occasionally there are simply gaps that need to be filled temporarily that may not strictly be within your remit, but as Lead Product Manager you might have to parachute into a situation and get your hands dirty and help out.
* Day to day management duties - Of course, there are the usual management duties that you will have to carry out; approving holidays, expenses, 1-2-1s, appraisals (we call them people check-ins).
- Must have experience working as a Lead Product Manager
- Must have ecommerce/ payment experience, understand how a payment service works (trolley, cart, storing of customer data)
- Must have agile experience
- You have the ability to think strategically whilst simultaneously delivering tactically. You embrace the idea of iteratively and regularly delivering value to customers, whilst working towards a bigger goal.
- You are able to hit the ground running with some core responsibilities, particularly in the leadership and management side of things, whilst ramping up on understanding the domains and product vision.
- You have management and leadership experience, ideally with battle wounds in dealing with difficult situations that have tested your empathy, professionalism and intuition to do the right thing
- Product Management experience being across multiple domains, as you can expect a fair amount of context switching
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to quickly adapt to changes in direction, and know when to pick your battles and how to challenge in a constructive way
- You have a solid Product Management 101 toolkit and understand best practices - prioritisation, measurement, facilitating workshops, building roadmaps, managing stakeholders, building clear and concise presentations, excellent communication skills, able to influence and make objective decisions
- You have experience working in back-end domains and understand the challenges that comes with being a central team/platform
- You have experience working on products that deliver both B2B and B2C experiences
- Bags of enthusiasm and energy, always striving to deliver the best for your customers in a collaborative, fun and creative way - you love what you do!
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders, handling difficult prioritisation discussions and championing the delivery of value for customers
- Ability to quickly form productive working relationships across multiple disciplines/teams to help move the tribe forward at pace
Please submit CVs today!