Lead Platform Engineer
Full time - Permanent
London - Hybrid
Our client, a highly innovative Financial Services specialising in consumer credit are looking for an experienced Lead Platform Engineer looking for a fresh challenge working with cutting edge technology in an agile environment.
The role will see you work with the Product owner, Data Engineering manager, Solution designers, AWS Security Engineers and Scrum Masters to deliver secure, performant, recoverable, automated and maintainable data environments.
Day-to-day this opportunity will include:
- Functionally leading and line managing a group of DevOps and user tooling platform engineers
- Designing, building and deploying secure infrastructure, in a repeatable methodology
- Ensuring all steps in these processes are automated and observable.
- Delivering computational environments that meet the needs of the developers and multiple user personas.
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing DevOps principles and ensuring they are adhered to within the team
- Maintaining and auditing a robust peer review and pull request approval process
- Mentoring other members of the team in how to continually improve their skills and modern DevOps practices.
Your Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of computer networks including cloud networks, corporate networks (Firewalls, Proxies) and VPCs
- AWS networks (VPC, VPN, Direct Connect, Route 53, Auto scaling, CloudWatch, GuardDuty)
- Account management (IAM, AD integration)
- Strong knowledge of AWS infrastructure & services
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration & Deployment methodologies
- Excellent Linux scripting skills
- Experienced Terraform developer
- Good knowledge of virtualisation/containerisation
- Experienced line manager with experience of leading performant teams