Daily rate: £paying up to £580 per day (outside IR35)
Duration: 6 months (potential of extension)
Location: Central London (2 days onsite and 3 days remote)
Our client is looking to become a leaner and more effective organisation, a programme team made up of employees and some external advisors is working across a range of projects with a focus on simplifying processes, freeing up capacity, bringing IT technology and practices up to date and improving the work environment.
Our client is seeking a lead developer to lead a software developer team. The role will be based within the IT department which is located in the London headquarters building.
The new applications will be built using an Agile software delivery approach on new DevOps technologies. The development will be undertaken on a new platform built using Java and Micro Services technologies together with commercially available off the shelf software products such as a workflow engine as specified in conjunction with the solution architecture team guidance. The 'DevOps' application stack will include several best in class products. The Cloud will be used to host the applications where ever possible and appropriate.
- Evangelise Agile principles to establish and continuously improve efficient working practices within your team
- Lead investigation and resolve complex technical problems using a variety of techniques, delegating to your developers where appropriate.
- Contribute to drawing up specific technical proposals for a modified or replacement system
- Work closely with IT disciplines and business stakeholders to transpose requirements into technical designs and specifications, aligning with the overall company roadmaps and architectures
- Estimate and plan with your scrum team colleagues, lead Business Analyst (BA), lead Quality Assurer (QA), your developers, other BA's, QA's and embedded Subject Matter Experts (SME's) using Agile techniques and artefacts.
- Work closely with Technical Architects (TA), business analysts (BA), quality assurers (QA) and other developers to build or enhance systems
- Installing and testing components and integrated solutions, capturing approach and results
- Evaluating test results and fixing technical problems
- Delivering test automation and improvement wherever practical
- Delivering continuous integration and continuous deployment with and without supplier assistance where appropriate.
- Delivering operational delivery automation and continuous improvement in conjunction with DevOps suppliers and IT Operations.
- Delivering operational monitoring of components through integrated solutions
- Working in other technologies used at the company beyond your core disciplines as required by strategic and project demands
- Help others by undertaking general tasks not related to your discipline when required
- Motivate self and others to continually reflect and adapt to improve quality and delivery cadence
- Maintain and improve your own skillset to ensure it stays relevant to the current market and industry trends
- Mentor and develop other developers in your team whether staff, contract or externally supplied
- A diligent and conscientious approach to completing work on time and to an agreed, acceptable level of quality is required
- Support the transition of this Scope of Services to a Third Party Provider once appointed.
- Strong Java experience of coding and integrating components, at least 5 years.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with qualification in an IT, engineering or scientific discipline, desired. Working on Agile software delivery teams, following an iterative approach to deliver working software
- Working collaboratively within a team to achieve common goals
- Helping your team to succeed at all times and continuously improve
- Managing time and team effectively to deliver working software, of acceptable quality, at a regular cadence
- Adapting to change and challenging the team to deliver the best results possible
- Working closely with the customer so that the focus on business value is first and foremost in all decisions taken
- Negotiating and networking
- Clear communication in both a written and verbal form
- Being dynamic and self-motivated
- Handling complex and fluid situations in a measured and collaborative way
- Being persistent and resilient
- Achieving set objectives
- Working in a diverse environment
- Presentation and listening
- Developing micro services and applications using an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), at least 3years
- Developing services through use of and supporting APIs, at least 3 years
- Understanding of and ability to apply modern development methodologies such as BDD, TDD, XP, Pairing etc. to support our Agile delivery practices
- Experience of developing component designs and specification from a high level solution architecture
- Experience of delivering code into, supporting and extending resilient Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) environments
- Experience of delivering software in a formal regime using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality and support.
- Experience delivering test automation or frameworks and incorporating these into CI/CD environments
- Experience of working in a mid-sized corporate environment, successfully aligning solutions appropriately with wider roadmaps, architecture and other initiatives
Desirable tech skills
- Spring, Spring Batch, Sprint Boot.
- RESTful web services
- Elastic/ELK stack, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- JPA, JMS
- DB technologies SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Mercurial, Git
- Maven, Jenkins
- Selenium, SOAPUI, NeoLoad, JMeter
- Activiti or other Business Process Management Solution (BPMS) engine
- Document management such as Alfresco
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT), Vaadin UI framework
- Experience of software development in a financially regulated business such as the Banking or Insurance market
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS THE SUIT THE CRITERIA