Lead Control Systems Engineer
Permanent - Full Time
£45,000 - £55,000
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Control Systems Engineer to join a world leading renewables energy organisation combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies. This role would be working on the largest wind turbine project in the World.
As a Lead Control Systems engineer you will report to the Control Systems Manager. The successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic team of engineers working on the design of Control and Protection functions for LCC and VSC HVDC schemes. The development of such Control & Protection systems is technically challenging and involves a variety of engineering disciplines, contribution through teamwork and an innovative approach.
You will be expected to study the existing designs of specified project and functionalities in MATLAB/Simulink and transfer them to the PSCAD simulation environment across the full delivery process life cycle, including but not limited to plant model design and maintenance, verification model in MATLAB , creating test harness for conversion, writing model guides and evaluating models in PSCAD.
What Else do I need to know?
- Support the business' Tendering, Operations, Contractual and After Sales needs regarding:
- Defining control system requirements for the software architecture, development and verification teams to work from
- Responses to technical queries from clients
- HVDC System in electromagnetic transient tools like PSCAD, EMTP-RV etc.
- Plant modelling in various simulation tools (MATLAB, PSCAD etc) and its verification.
- Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC business
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to identify and manage technical risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experienced in creating and presenting technical reports and responding to clients' technical questions
- Ability to understand and communicate customer requirements, lead technical discussions with customers and develop client relationships
- Understanding of functional characteristics of power systems and interactions between AC and HVDC systems
- Knowledge of HVDC Control, Protection and Sequencing strategy
- Hands on experience in PSCAD and MATLAB-SIMULINK simulation tools
- Test Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit, automated regression, Kits, integration and software in the loop testing).
Based in Stafford
Permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.