My client are currently seeking a Lab Apprentice Corrosion Technician to work in the Integrity Management Technology team.
The candidate will need to be comfortable working around production chemicals in a laboratory settings. Additionally, the candidate needs to be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and work well with other team members. The pace and volume of the work can be quite high at times; therefore, the position demands the candidate to be able to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines.
- Perform quality controlled testing in a laboratory research environment - work on high temperature/pressure autoclave tests on oil and water samples, product formulations, sample preparation.
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all HSE rules and regulations.
- Maintain quality results by following standard procedures and participating quality assurance programs.
- Maintains laboratory equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area; troubleshoot test process; arrange equipment repair, replacement, and service; assist instrument calibration process.
- Maintains laboratory instrument part supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
- Assist project manager to provide technical product support and service.
- Analyse data and communicate results to project managers.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Background in oilfield corrosion
- Background in oilfield operations
- Experience in the oilfield industry
- Experience with Production Chemicals
Please contact Conor on to register interest.