Junior Service Manager-(Transition Process) - Workington-12 months
Fancy working with one of the UK's biggest IT consultancy?
Role: Junior Service Manager
Contract - 12 Months
Start Date: ASAP
About the client:
Our client enables people and businesses throughout the world to realise their full potential by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. They develop and market software, services, and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people's lives. Doing business worldwide and have offices in more than 100 countries.
The Service Management Consultant focuses on all of the ITIL service management lifecycle stages and all of its processes within an outsourcing bid, consulting assignment or an implementation. They are a recognised subject matter expert in one or more of the lifecycle stages or processes. They can be accountable and responsible for aspects of the overall delivery.
- Working as part of a team using our proven business change approach for implementing SI, you will use techniques like Service Maturity Assessment and requirements gathering to quickly capture the Service Integration vision and be able to articulate the business benefits with clients, during transition and transformation phases
* Participate in workshops and work streams as needed and work either on your own or within a larger programme team
* Work on transition and transformation programmes which result in the creation and activation of SIAM operating models
What we'll need from you:
- Assisting with the discovery process.
* Oversees specific/multiple work streams including managing resources and budgets; ensures ITIL aligned processes, procedures and work instructions are produced to required standard and are trained upon.
* Ensures any related service integration for services by multiple service towers and providers has been completed.
* Supports and delivers to the standard transition project model.
Providing service management to build customer relationships by delivering above client expectations on assigned deliverable, proactively identifying add on work and assisting in identifying cross sales leads.
* ITIL certified
* Knowledge of IT service management tool suites, such as those provided by ServiceNow, HP, BMC and IBM Tivoli
* Experience of development of core service management processes and reporting, aligned to the ServiceNow, HP, BMC and IBM Tivoli IT service management tool suites
* Knowledge of DevOps tool suites, such as Atlassian's Jira and Confluence
* Agile aware
* Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders; such as clients and internal team members;
* Project management skills to ensure all deliverables are on time, within budget and of high quality;
* DevOps experience/awareness
* Strong verbal and writing skills in order to effectively communicate information to clients and internal team members;
* Operational management/service delivery experience (customer and/or outsourcing environment);
* Experience of a number of service management tools such as ServiceNow;
* Strong analytical skills are needed to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details;
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply now!