The opportunity is a creative agency based in Edinburgh, which is part of a network of agencies that span across the globe. The agency prides itself in breaking new ground and boundaries for their clients, priding themselves on large pioneering ideas to push their clients forward. A mix of agnostic brand, communicative and creative thinkers are at the heart of the company, who use media and data to produce amazing technical projects. At this moment, they are looking for a creative individual to come and join their amazing company culture and team. If you possess creativity, determination, and an eye for detail, then this could be a position for you. You will be joining a medium sized, fluid team, working seamlessly together with different people at different stages of projects.
To bring their ideas to life, they are looking for an all-rounded individual that can pick up work across a broad range of design work. This includes illustration, reports, infographics, social outputs, digital design, motion graphics, and editing films - all kinds of visually interesting and compelling work.
Whilst you are not expected to be have fully formed technical abilities an aptitude for artwork-level detail, and an interest in digital design and UX principles would be beneficial to help continue to get work completed to the highest standard at every stage of the project. The focus of the position will be to assist in the final creation of the projects and design, meaning you will have the chance to collaborate with graphics designers, UX designers and developers. Therefore, teamwork is essential in this role.
The main responsibilities include:
- creating detailed design and motion projects
- Working from creative visuals and taking designs through to final output stage, and knowledge of existing brand guidelines, and creating a range of work
- Produce print and digital projects of the best quality and to brief exciting and effective visual executions. All whilst working seamlessly with conceptual creative, copywriters and developers
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative suit. Essential: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Beneficial: After Effects, Premiere and XD
- Digital design knowledge/understanding
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, photography, colour, grid structures and communication hierarchy
- And, desirable, is some UX know-how.
- Flexible working - mandatory one day in the office a week
- Access to training
- 27 days holiday (increases over time)
- Bonus scheme
- Social events
- Office dogs!