JUNIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Farnborough or London
Up to £30,000 + BONUS + PACKAGE
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
We lead the development of the Group Strategy and Plan to build a growing integrated global defence & security company. We have Global responsibility across the Strategy, Business Planning, M&A and Business Intelligence processes. Our strategy function takes a very open minded approach, employs a whole range of established skills and techniques when conducting strategic analysis. It seeks to engage with members of the business at all levels and across all disciplines, to derive an outcome that best suits not only the company itself, but the teams that work within it.
The Business Analyst provides support to Strategy and Planning colleagues and Executive, Business Units and Group Functions in undertaking business research and analysis of high strategic impact for the organisation. (Please note this is a Strategy role not IT).
- Work on projects typically as an integral part of a project team and reporting to a GS&P project lead
- Business research and analysis in support of the business strategy; investment appraisal / review
- Data analysis
- Problem solving and modelling
- Report writing
- Task/project management
- Support to Strategy and Planning colleagues and Executive, Business Units and Group Functions
- Working on complex problems within small teams requires a good balance of intelligent questioning, constructive challenge and autonomy. Being comfortable with ambiguity and willingness to step into challenges is essential.
- Able to influence and direct (project manage) a broad range of stakeholders across the company
- Keeping a curious mind-set and an international perspective is highly desirable to address the challenges
- Will rapidly gain a broad working knowledge of strategy, financial literacy and business related frameworks
- Will grow into a confident project manager with strong people skills
- Will gain an excellent understanding of strategic projects within the group and understand the role of business advisory activity
- Will develop and hone communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Comfortable with working collaboratively in teams to solve problems
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates drive and ability as a completer/finisher
- Demonstrates a natural curiosity to understand why and how systems work
- Demonstrates personal impact
- Possesses leadership potential
- International mind-set
Essential Education, Experience and Qualifications:
* Degree equivalent. May have completed the Graduate Training Scheme and/or similar industry experience post degree. Desire to develop business advisory skillsets. Increasing capability, responsibility & standards of performance.
* Problem Solving, Evidence of systematic and structured research and analysis
* Genuine interest in Business Development and Strategy
* Confident and self-reliant; high drive and aspiration
* Prepared to work hard and to learn at high pace
* Capable of presenting to senior stakeholders (with coaching / support)
* Stakeholder engagement with Executive Team and business Senior Leadership teams and external providers
* Able to take responsibility for small projects and tasks within the Strategy Development agenda
* Familiarity with Project Management 'essentials': Impacts, Outcomes, Work Breakdown Structuring Outputs, Activities, Inputs, Activity Scheduling, Resource Planning, Risk Management
* Familiarity/fluency with Excel and PowerPoint an advantage.
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at