Want to do the best work of your life? This is an exciting position for a Java Developer to join one of Europe's leading media and entertainment brands. With over 24 million customers in 6 countries, you'll have the opportunity make your mark within a truly exciting and technology driven environment.
This team uses the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. They are a unique blend of talent and connect customers to more of the entertainment they love all day, every day. Software Engineering is a cross functional division that uses cutting-edge technology within a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative setting.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, Continuous Integration Engineers, E2E Testers and Support team members to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
- Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring that these support both new and established capabilities/functionality.
- Identifying unit and component test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified by business stakeholders.
- Analysing software problems and recommending solutions with minimal assistance.
- Work as part of an Agile team to implement project capabilities that provide business solutions; leading & coaching other team members on occasion.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
What you'll bring:
- Development experience using REST, Java, J2EE and the Spring Framework.
- Demonstrable knowledge in developing SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle)
- Experience of test-driven development and associated technologies (e.g. Junit, Cucumber)
- Familiar with service based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
- Familiar with software development methods and frameworks, with an interest in Agile techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Be part of an organisation recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women'
- Six subsidised restaurants on site
- A subsidised gym and private cinema