The role you'll do
he Senior Developer provides hands-on technical expertise and takes responsibility for delivering robust and resilient solutions built using proven software development techniques. They provide leadership and direction for the development activities, delivered with sufficient quality to underpin outstanding new solutions for users. The Senior Developer will make important technical decisions during the development phases and drive selection of the team's development approach. The Senior Developer will work closely with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, Service Managers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters and the development team throughout the duration of development.
The experience and skills you need
Typical Aspects of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
* Analyses business requirements, business processes, and technical architectures. Designs and uses them as the basis for the Software Engineering solution.
* Defines and analyses Software Engineering methods and advises on best fit solutions and techniques.
* Develops and applies expertise in Software Engineering Tools, Software Engineering Environment configuration and management, and Software Engineering Data Management.
* Keeps up to date with trends, roadmaps and developments in all areas of Software Engineering.
* Contributes to/develops good practice in Software Engineering techniques.
* Applies productivity improvement techniques within the Software Architecture strategy.
* Develops expertise in verification and validation at all stages of the delivery lifecycle.
* Work with Senior Service Manager, Product Owner/Manager and Solution Architects to build, deploy and support solutions that meet well-defined user needs.
* Identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, collaborating with team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
* Work with platform teams to collaboratively drive improvements across the engagement.
* Work with Solutions Architects to design and implement seamless integration with internal and external systems.
* Ensure new and updated solutions are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load.
* Ensure systems are robust, scalable and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points in order to deliver a high-quality user experience.
* Provide mentorship for members of the development team (Developers, Test Engineers, etc.) and feedback on staff performance.
* Build a culture of continuous service improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
* Empowering the team to innovate and increase efficiencies without the fear of failure.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop strong working relationships in high pressure environments.
* Collaborate with Solutions Architects, Test Engineers and Developers to build up a robust automated test suite, if required, to work in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment.
If you're ready for your next career challenge and would make a great fit for this role, click the link to apply today.
At Experis, we're the global leader in professional IT resourcing and solutions, operating in more than 50 countries worldwide. Thanks to our expert industry knowledge, history of success and strong relationships with organisations large and small, we're perfectly placed to match specialist IT professionals into permanent and contract assignments.