Role: Java Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Osterley (currently remote)
Duration: 3 months
Fancy working with the Europe's leading Entertainment Company? We are looking for a Java Developer to join our team in West London.
The client is a large entertainment organisation; they excite and inspire customers with leading innovations and technologies in the entertainment industry. They strive to be the best for customers and the people working for them. They are always looking for ways to improve. That spirit has made us what we are today, and it will drive us to become what we want to be tomorrow.
You will be:
- Designing and developing Cloud-based microservices that form part of the wider Content Supply Chain.
- Working with technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, to name but a few.
- Simplifying the management and use of content rights information across the Group (UK, Italy, and Germany).
- Having the freedom to self-organise as part of a cross functional agile team.
- Refining the team processes to continuously integrate and working towards a continuously deliverable application.
- Championing best practices such as Pair Programming and TDD to develop clean, resilient code that performs at serious scale.
- Owning, maintaining, and supporting the code that you write.
- Contributing to our Software Engineering Excellence communities.
- Strong understanding of the Java stack and tools used to develop and build it.
- Experience with .Net
- CI/CD environment
- Ability to make good technical decisions and to convince others as to the merits and reasons for those decisions
- Demonstrable track record in software development working within a software delivery team.
- Demonstrable track record in the design and delivery of leading-edge strategic business solutions from concept through implementation.
- Has undertaken all stages of the systems delivery lifecycle.
- Familiarity of working with legacy platforms.
- Experience of integrating bespoke or package solutions into a complex evolving ecosystem.
- Experience of data migrations from one system to another.
- Experience of working in Broadcast Media Technology or Digital Supply Chain is beneficial, but not essential
- Display a good understanding of microservice application design and an appreciation of how it fits into wider architectures, with practical experience using Spring and Spring Boot.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of data persistence including SQL.
- Familiarity with configuration and build tools like Jenkins and Gradle.
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration tools such as, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Exposure to XP techniques including writing sound tests around their code, preferably using Groovy and Spock.
- Experience of designing and developing secure APIs according to industry best practice.
- Good knowledge of Oracle
- Knowledge of queue technology such as Active/Fuse MQ, Amazon MQ
- Experience with Kafka.
- Experience with data migration tools and techniques.
Please submit CVs today!