Livingston, Scotland (Remote)
6 Months + Extensions
**Inside IR35 From April**
Would you like to join Europe's most popular broadcasting and media brands? Our client is looking for talented Full Stack Java Developer's with good commercial experience within Java , Kafka and Spring.
They're at the forefront of innovation whilst pushing boundaries and you'll be given the freedom and support you need to make an impact!
Java Developer Requirements:
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, Continuous Integration Engineers, E2E Testers and Support team members to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
- Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring that these support both new and established capabilities/functionality.
- Identifying unit and component test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified by business stakeholders.
- Analysing software problems and recommending solutions with minimal assistance.
- Work as part of an Agile team to implement project capabilities that provide business solutions; leading & coaching other team members on occasion.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
What you'll bring (Technical Skills):
- Development experience using REST, Java, J2EE, Kafka and the Spring Framework.
- Demonstrable knowledge in developing SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle)
- Experience of test-driven development and associated technologies (e.g. Junit, Cucumber)
- Familiar with service based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
- Familiar with software development methods and frameworks, with an interest in Agile techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- The ability to build and maintain internal/external stakeholder relationships to ensure quality and required standards are met and maintained.
- Knowledge of Communication systems would be desirable but not essential (eg Scriptura, Adobe, SMS technologies, Urban Airship, Apex and Web Technologies etc)
- Experience of working in a team that is based across different sites and countries would be desirable but not essential
If you believe you'd be suited please submit your CV at the first instance. Please note that this role will be inside of IR35 from April onwards.