IT Systems Engineer - including Service Desk - 2nd & 3rd Line Support for MSP
Virtualisation, VMware, Hyper-V, NetApp, Server Storage, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Azure Cloud, AWS Cloud, Networking, Windows Server & Desktop Genealogy, MS Office 365 Linux, Citrix, Client Focused, Customer Service Ethic, Consultative DNA, Career Progression & Training.
This vacancy will suit an IT Engineer & Service Desk 2nd and/or 3rd Line Support person.
West Midlands / Warwickshire / Worcestershire includes a Work from Home Rota.
This client specialise in the Delivery and Support of Customer Centric IT Solutions & Services involving NetApp Data Storage, Cisco, Virtualisation, Microsoft, HPE, Linux, Citrix and Converged Architecture and are now recognised as leaders in their market.
Based from the clients Midlands offices, this Technical Support Desk role is ideal for either an existing 2nd Level Person with 3rd Line Support expectations, or already a 3rd Line Support Person that may then look to grow into the Technical Consultancy field - Salary of the role is thus dependent on the current skillset.
£25,000pa to £45,000pa - Dependent on Experience + Pension + WFH + O/T + On-Call + Excellent Training
The role will primarily involve managing incoming support tickets for our customer base on Windows Server / Desktop, Networking and Virtualised Environments for existing 2nd Level IT Engineers and more complex solutions for Level 3 IT Engineers.
Package includes an excellent Training Program with industry specific Technical Certifications:
VMware VCP Certification
- NetApp, NCDA, NCSE, NCIE
- Cisco CCNA Certification
This client believe in their staff and will support and invest in your development as an IT Engineer and as a Person. The potential to achieve and maintain Vendor Accreditations will ensure you will be proficient in Product Support. To this end the role pays for certifications achieved as below on top of the basic salary.
The base salary will increase based on the following achievements:
- Increase of £1000.00 per annum for achieving VMWare VCP certification
- Increase of £1000.00 per annum for achieving each of the following NetApp certifications : NCDA, NCSE, NCIE
- Increase of £2000.00 per annum for achieving Cisco CCNA certification.
As a member of the IT and Service Desk Team your responsibilities will be varied and will require you to follow processes to resolve issues which will also challenge your IT skills but also enable you to find your own solutions to IT problems.
Securing this role, and as your IT knowledge and experience grows, there will be opportunity to attend both training courses to gain certifications in NetApp, VMware, Cisco and Microsoft. As new products are adopted by the client, these technologies will also be added to the portfolio, especially around Managed Services, Security and Cloud-Based products.
The role also requires the candidate to join the current out of hours support rota, that is based on 1 Week On-Call per month, this frequency would reduce as the team grows. However, until the successful candidate has the required skills they will not join this rota. There is additional compensation for being On-Call and part of the rota.
Current work format is "Work from Home" as well as Office working as and when necessary however, if/when Covid guidelines relax, the WFH option will still be on offer, potentially 2 to 3 days per week.
Candidates with one or more of the following Certifications will be greatly considered:
- VMWare VCP (Data Centre, Cloud Management and Automation, Security) tracks
- Microsoft Windows Server Certifications
- Microsoft 365 Certification
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Amazon AWS Certifications
- Citrix Certifications
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP Certification
- All candidates must be proficient in basic Helpdesk level IT concepts.
- Have a good knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Windows Server / Desktop troubleshooting knowledge.
- Have previous helpdesk experience.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and dependable.
- Good telephone manner.
- Customer focused.
Additional Skills to have / Highly Advantageous:
- Virtualisation Experience i.e. VMware, Hyper-V.
- NetApp or other storage vendor products
- Cisco for both Server and Networking
- Linux admin exposure
- Microsoft or Amazon Web Services in an MSP environment
CALL EXPERIS IT TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION