IT Systems Engineer - Linux & Cloud - London
Linux Servers, CentOS, Redhat, Cloud, AWS, Active Directory, vLANs, DNS / DHCP, VPN's, IP Addressing, Puppet, Ansible, Databases MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Virtualisation, Automation, Monitoring, High Availability, Clustering, Backup and Recovery, JIRA and confluence, plus any knowledge of Server configurations; Apache/NGINX/Databases.
Excellent Benefits package includes an enticing KPI Bonus Programme, 28 Days Annual Holiday to Start, Company Pension, Company Health & Dental Cover, Work from Home Options, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Company Rewards and Travel Loans.
Based at the client's state of the art brand new offices in London, West End - Includes WFH Options
Now a key player in the niche market of Fibre Broadband and Media Communications who are delivering best broadband services in the London area, this dynamic and growing Network Services Provider are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused IT Systems Engineer who has a proven Linux and Cloud (AWS) based expertise.
We are looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer with a Linux bias to develop and maintain a portfolio of Highly Available, Business Critical Linux based servers & applications, in both physical and virtualized environments.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- Implement, administer and support an array of Linux based servers.
- Install and administer complex 3rd Party software and internal tools.
- Ensure smooth operation of business-critical systems.
- Apply security patches and updates to the operating system & applications.
- Own & deliver systems related projects.
- Manage & Secure Database Clusters.
- Setup & Manage VPNs and user profiles.
- Adhoc out of hours support for Service impacting failures.
- Create support and maintenance documentation for infrastructure and systems.
- Deploy & maintain cloud-based systems & applications. (Residing in AWS or Azure or Google)
- Deploy robust backups & disaster recovery mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application level security issues.
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue.
Technical Skills & Experience Required includes:
- Experience of installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL etc.).
- Good working knowledge of Python and/or Ansible.
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters.
- Experience in working in a small team and being self-sufficient.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Willingness to take the initiative and assist pick up tasks that may be outside your comfort zone.
- Understanding of basic Network protocols & similar knowledge (IP Addressing, VLANs, DNS & DHCP)
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS EC2 Instances etc)
- Experience working with VPNs, IP Tables & other security methodologies
- Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and confluence.
- Knowledge of Server configurations; Apache/NGINX/Databases.
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
Call Experis IT today for more information!