IT - Senior Business Analyst
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Leads and coordinates the IT Business Analysis for a portfolio of applications and systems covering both bespoke and commercial of the shelf web applications.
Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organisation in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Analyse business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for the successful adoption of new technology. Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organisation and manage changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organisation on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business units and IT, from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units. May make recommendations for buy versus build decisions.
- Highly experienced in business analysis skills, including facilitation, investigation, documentation, process and requirements modelling and change management
- Very good knowledge of the system development lifecycle
- Exhibits leadership; takes responsibility and knows what it takes to motivate and inspire others
- Good verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to communicate with colleagues and customers at all organisational levels and to both technical and non-technical audience
- Robust understanding of business strategy, business management and project management
- Experience of working within IT is a must
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders, and know when to challenge and push back
- Ability to analyse complex problems and provide clear recommendations
- Able to collaborate with clients inside and outside the business and have a strong desire to excel.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise to ensure project deadlines are met whilst resolving critical BAU issues
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets