IT Risk Officer
Location: City of London
My client specialises in the insurance industry and are currently offering a new exciting opportunity for an IT Risk Officer to join their IT Risk & Security team based in London. This position is suitable for an individual who is knowledgeable in complex IT organisations and security standards.
Main responsibilities include:
- Strategic direction of security levels defined by the Global Head of ITRS.
- Discussing key risks with business management and translating their needs to other ITRS towers and stakeholders.
- Represent the Business Unit as it relates to strategic direction and proper support for ITRS Services
- Interface with Business Risk Managers to support the ITRS initiatives as the first line of defence representative.
- Provides IDP consulting & support in cooperation with IRM and other IT areas.
- Discuss IDP risks with the business and translate to defined standard use cases for IDPs.
- Review Service Level of Service Provider.
- Support commitment to information security from key stakeholders as outlined by Global Head of ITRS.
- Ensure the initiation and support for the Security Review / Compliance Gate process.
- Ensure the initiation and support of Risk Assessments and audit gap closure.
- Excellent knowledge of complex IT Organisations and experience with security technologies and a related knowledge of the market.
- Good knowledge of security standards (e.g ISO 2700X, ISF's SOGP, NIST) and other frameworks.
- Experience in performing formal risk assessments.
- Active and effective communicator with peers and senior management at board level.
- International experience from working on global and large projects.
- Customer orientation, strong negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Initiative, creativity and an open mind for innovation.
- Excellent use of Business English, both spoken and written.
Bonuses & benefits:
- 25 days Holiday in addition to public holidays (Increases with length of service)
- Group pension, 10% base salary, paid by the company with no employee contribution required
- Several insurance covers including private medical, health, critical illness and life assurance
- Family Friendly Policies
- Gym Membership subsidy
- Flexible and Agile Practices
- Annual Bonus and Annual Pay Review
If you have the skills and experienced for this job, and are keen to join a global company undertaking a role as an IT Risk Officer, then please click the link to apply!