IT Project Support Engineer - Coventry
VMware ESX, Active Directory Config & Support, Windows Server Clustering, Azure and/or AWS Cloud Hosting, SQL Server, Windows Server Genealogy, MS IIS Web Services, VMWare & SQL Backup & Deployment, Cisco Networks. Experience of Prince 2 Methodology.
This established online payment specialist are urgently pursuing several IT specialists to fill key positions to cope with continued growth in 2021 and into 2022.
A critical requirement is the post of IT Project Support Engineer to work within a dedicated IT Projects Team to deliver a variety of IT projects across both Data Centres and remote offices on a primarily MS Windows and Virtualised (VMware) environment.
Your functional requirements for this role will involve:
- Support delivering a wide variety of IT projects and tasks across all Group businesses; Office, Data Centre and Cloud based
- Delivering smaller projects from inception through to completion.
- Work closely with the IT Project Manager and IT Projects Engineers, giving regular feedback and updates on project tasks
- Be involved in the whole IT project lifecycle from initial scoping to review on completion
- Working collaboratively as part of the wider projects team on large multi-faceted projects
- Adhere to all internal processes (change/incident/problem etc) as set out by the IT Service Manager
- Maintain and create detailed documentation of IT processes and systems
- Ensuring detailed project plans are produced and kept up to date
To secure this role your technical portfolio will consist of:
- Configuration and support of VMWare ESX environments
- Microsoft Active Directory configuration and support
- Microsoft Windows Server Clustering
- Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud hosting platform design and administration
- Microsoft SQL server experience
- Windows Server and desktop management and configuration
- Microsoft IIS web services administration and configuration
- Good network knowledge, preferably with some Cisco experience
- Experience working on custom/bespoke software applications
- Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to deliver to a pre agreed schedule
- Ability to manage any complications in project delivery and set expectations to suit
- Working on projects using a PRINCE2 methodology
Salary is £35,000pa + an excellent Benefits Package which includes 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays, Company matched auto enrol pension scheme, Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary, Option to join the company private health scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Free car parking on site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office, Flexible working hours.
Call Experis IT today for more information!