ROLE: IT PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: BIRMINGHAM (HYBRID WORKING)
SALARY: £40K to £55K (Skillset dependent)
Description of the role
The CEO recognises the importance of high-quality Project Management and has designed an implementation approach that aligns consistently with our Methodology.
Our Project Managers are core to a successful delivery and projects are reviewed weekly via a PMO group call headed by the CEO.
Nothing is more important than delivering the very best solutions and upskilling our customers along the way. From time-to-time, Project Managers will need to attend client site as required. Although all works have transferred to Microsoft Teams, in recent times, the occasional visits are still at customer requests.
Project Managers must be able to work on multiple projects at any given time and are instrumental in designing, guiding and leading activity on large, complex technical projects. Communications must be logical, clear, and factual.
Programme task (activity) knowledge should be fully up to date and Project Managers should be prepared to share the project's status at any time.
The Project Manager will be part of a small and agile PMO reporting to the CEO as line manager, and to a Principal Consultant who own all client activity from introduction to through to project completion.
Project Management - The Role
The role of a Project Manager with the company requires a hardworking and dedicated individual who aspires to continually grow and develop their skills.
They will develop projects having early involvement of initial scoping during pre-sales engagements, through to programme design, and then control delivery to ensure it is on time, to budget, and working very closely with the Principal Consultants to work through change requests and re-baselining at customers' requests.
Project Managers are not only essential to managing day-to-day activity to ensure projects stay on track, but are also enablers; willing to do whatever is needed to remove 'road-blocks' in delivery. Day-to-day Project Manager responsibilities/activities include:
- Develop, update, and manage project delivery (via a MS project Gantt chart)
- Define and manage the critical path to enable optimal delivery Agree and communicate activity with Customers and colleagues
- Build effective working relationships with the Customer to enable their commitments to be delivered in a timely manner.
- Have a close working relationship with the Programme's Principal Consultant to ensure alignment with outcome-based delivery
- Ensure the project work streams are being delivered, aligned to project activity plans, timescales, and programme commercials
- Continually update the project RAID logs with Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions
- Continually manage the Project RAID items to ensure commitment and completion by customers and colleagues
- Support the Principal Consultant and Lead Developers with ICT processes and sign-off procedures
- Overarching management of the delivery process from end to end across multiple workstreams
- Ensure completion of all project documentation for each technical phase, and work item delivered
- Ensure smooth transition throughout project phases and teams
- Ensure all practicalities for new programmes are set up prior to resources being on site
- Track and report on resource usage and expected future resource requirements
Develop work programmes during sales engagements
- Agree Programme governance structures with the Principal Consultant and customers
- Create project plans in Microsoft Project that represent the programme and programme's work streams
- Complete reporting packs (weekly) for programmes and projects aligned to work programmes and delivery principles
- Work with the Principal Consultant and Lead Developer(s) to ensure that the correct resource is aligned to the deliverables within the project plan
- Develop communication strategies if required
- Undertake stakeholder mapping
- Create and maintain project RAID logs
- Generate weekly Gantt Chart update (re baseline as required)
- Record under/overrun of each deliverable
- Organise and attend all project and programme meetings according to the governance structures established at the start of each programme
- Support the organisation of ad-hoc project meetings on behalf of the Principal Consultant and Lead Developers
- Conduct project/programme presentations
- Provide regular status updates to the Principal Consultant and Practice Leads
- Record and report on resource usage to the Principal Consultant to support monthly invoicing on allocated programmes
The Project Manager role is a very hands-on role. As well as maintaining the project/programme, Project Managers will be expected to do whatever activity is required to ensure the project's resources can progress without issue, using the support of Principal Consultant, CTO and Analytics Director as required.
A successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar Technical Delivery capacity and will have clear examples of where they have met the expectations listed in this JD. They will also be able to explain how they operate with colleagues (external and internal) to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
Ideally the candidate will have some knowledge of Data focused projects or be able to show their ability to quickly adapt to a Technology based implementation, that requires Business/Behavioural change experience.
Project Managers should have excellent written and communication skills, being able to use the following applications without issues.
- Microsoft Office Suite * Microsoft Project * Microsoft Teams * Microsoft SharePoint2
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME WE CAN ONLY RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENT