IT Platform Engineer
Remote, Farnborough, Malvern or Salisbury
IT Platform Engineer is required by prestigious organisation in their Farnborough or Malvern offices.
As the Platform Support Engineer, you will help develop, support and maintain a set of integrated tools and environments to support the project teams developing full stack solutions (i.e. including hardware, electro-optical, firmware, and software components) for research prototypes through to commercial products.
What's in it for the IT Platform Engineer?
- An excellent Salary
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Career development across a diverse International organisation (possibility to grow into a technical specialist and/or leadership role, as a wider roll-out will require a larger team to support and continually develop the platform)
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the IT Platform Engineer:
- Eligible for or hold SC clearance
- Scripting experience for process automation such as Bash, PowerShell or Groovy
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment pipelines and DevOps
- Proven track record of using and administering the Atlassian suite
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (e.g. Docker, and Kubernetes/K8s
- Skilled with version control tools such as Subversion, Mecurial or Git
- Prior experience of deploying to cloud services such as Azure or AWS
- Experienced with Jenkins or Bamboo or other automated build and test servers
- Management of Virtual Hosting platforms with VMWare solutions preferred
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline configurations
- Change control, configuration management and tooling (Such as Terraform or Ansible)
- Experienced in Management of virtual hosting (ideally with VMware)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal for educating users and capturing processes
Desirable Skills for the IT Platform Engineer:
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Skilled with security/vulnerability tools;
- Experience of DevSecOps
- Prior experience with code coverage and static analysis tools;
- Experience migrating legacy data to Atlassian platform
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as a IT Platform Engineer and want to work for a company who invest in their technology and staff, then please apply via the link.