IT Operations Manager
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
The Operations Manager (Secure Environments) is overall responsible for the technical operation of secure technology systems and service platforms across the Cyber and Information business, in direct support of business delivery to their customer base. It is an internal facing role with accountability and responsibility for the day to day technical operation of these platforms, working closely with line of business teams and technology platforms providers, both internal and external 3rd parties.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that operational teams execute service provision of these technology platforms in an efficient high quality manner. They are responsible for directing operational teams in the execution of tasks and for reviewing the output of activity against quality and capacity measures.
- Significant experience in Technical Operations Management across complex, technology service propositions
- Qualification in operational management standards such as Six Sigma or has a strong working knowledge of equivalent frameworks.
- Experience of working across diverse services, products, and business
- Extensive experience of driving operational excellence across existing delivery teams
- Willingness and ability to travel
- People Leadership / Management Experience including allocating and coordinating workloads within teams
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets