IT OPERATIONS MANAGER - GENETICS
The IT Operations Manager is an integral part in returning patient results within our client's major UK service offering. They are accountable for the optimal day to day running of the results pipeline in accordance with ISO 15189 standards, updating senior and external stakeholders on the status of the pipeline, reporting to the quality team and being accountable for the facilitation of problem resolution and continuous improvements.
- Leading a team specialised in operating the bioinformatics pipeline to ensure consistent processing and return of results to the NHS.
- Monitoring delivery and conducting operational trouble shooting to drive successful KPI delivery
- Constantly reviewing and seeking to improve operational performance and efficiency, meeting both current and future bioinformatics business requirements
- Continuously improving operational processes and promoting a quality culture
- Ensuring that pipeline reporting is accurate, dashboards are up-to-date and provide actionable insights.
- Providing the risk management capability for the Bioinformatics operations team
- Interfacing with the wider Logistics team and Healthcare squads in the company to ensure the smooth running of the pipeline.
- Producing weekly reports on KPIs for the ISO 15189 standard.
- Preparing insightful forecasts based on current and target performance
- Representing Bioinformatics operations at key quality and team reviews.
- Preparing, validating and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and where appropriate training others in effective operational processing.
- Ensuring service desk tickets are responded to by the team in a timely manner and trends, root causes and solutions identified and actioned.
- Maintaining service desk ticket backlog and planning and prioritising effectively
- Working with third parties who deliver and process company data to ensure any issues relevant to operations are identified and resolved
- Line managing 2 pipeline operations roles initially - potentially more in time. (Directing day to day management of a team of up to 6 Bio Operations staff running the pipeline)
- BSc or higher
- A responsive individual with a service mindset who puts the needs of company NHS customers first and is demanding for them
- Ability to understand competing demands and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising their quality of work.
- Detail oriented with a focus on ensuring the service is running smoothly and consistently
- Experience running operations in a large company or laboratory, preferably within an IT environment.
- Proven expertise in using performance metrics to drive results
- Proven project and people management skillset
- Data management, operational and scientific problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills.
- Excellent team-working skills with willingness and ability to engage with customers and internal teams at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to analyse information and present it in a clear, concise way to clinical, scientific, and corporate audiences.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of working within an ISO accredited lab (preferably ISO 15189 or ISO17025).
- Experience responding to service desk enquires and external customer enquires
- Applied risk management skills
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Experience in python and R scripting particularly to access databases and APIs and generate reports or analyse data