IT Network Engineer
Practice group/Global Operations team: Global Operations
Full time/Part time: Full Time
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 67 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
You are expected to be the recognised expert in key Network and Security technologies as well as assisting in the support of the firms LAN and WAN infrastructure. As part of this role you can expect to be:
- Contributing to the architecture and delivery roadmap for Network products.
- Responsible for the management of the Technical Lifecycle for Network services.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of Network and Security products. Monitoring of multi-vendor firewalls, routers, switches. Ownership of incident tickets, driving troubleshooting, service restoration and remediation.
- Working to adhere to policies & standards set by the firms Cyber Security function.
- Assisting with client audits, remediation of identified vulnerabilities and providing evidence of compliance via reporting mechanisms.
- Liaising with 3rd party managed service providers in the support of LAN & WAN infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement of key stakeholders and keeping them up to date with project progress.
- Understand and communicate technical solutions and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills and experience:
- Strong experience in IP Networking and IT Security
- Hands on technical experience in installing, maintaining and configuring enterprise class network switches and routers
- Hands on experience of installing, maintaining and configuring enterprise class Firewalls.
- Skills in Network Security, web application security and internet proxy solutions
- Strong knowledge of VLANs, NAT & DNS
- Experience of VPN technology
- Experience of network monitoring systems.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills
- Working with external suppliers including large outsource providers
- Rivered WAN acceleration
- Experience with Checkpoint, Fortigate & Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience of Network Access Control and segmentation
- Experience of Extreme/Avaya Ethernet switching, Cisco IOS, Meraki switching
- Windows server & VMWare experience
- Network QoS, VoIP
- Structured cabling and fibre technologies
- Good knowledge of programme and project management frameworks
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm's commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.