Azure - IT Infrastructure Specialist - 12 Month FTC (Fixed Term Contract that could go Permanent Full-Time if you wish)
Work From Home / WFH with 1 Office Visit per week.
£50,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package + 10% Bonus + 25 Days Holiday
Burton on Trent, Staffordshire South, Derbyshire, West Midlands, East Midlands
Azure Cloud, MS Azure Certifications, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Windows Server Genealogy, 2012, 2016, 2019, Microsoft Operating Systems, MS SCCM / Endpoint, MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, Office 365, SAN;s, VMware, Back-Ups, Network Support, Routing, Switching and vLAN's, Load Balancing and Server Storage.
With over 200,000 clients across the UK and Europe, this established health and welfare organisation are seeking an experienced, IT professional to assist with current technical growth, BAU and Infrastructure Projects and Improvements.
Your responsibilities will involve a number of disciplines from providing on-premises and cloud infrastructure support, to ensuring systems and services are highly available and have sufficient capacity to perform optimally.
You will participate in both 'Business As Usual' and project activities and provide expert guidance and support on IT infrastructures.
As well as enabling services and offering technical solutions to business problems. You will also be required to develop and maintain architecture, infrastructure, IS and IT services and solutions to meet operational needs.
To secure this post - Your current expertise will consist of:
- Extensive experience in managing and maintaining cloud platforms, specifically Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Experience in managing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure such as Azure workloads
- Extensive experience in managing and maintaining Microsoft operating systems
- Extensive experience in managing and maintaining Microsoft Server technologies such as Exchange and SCCM
- Provide guidance and maintenance of Active Directory Services, physical data centre hardware, virtual and physical network services and any other infrastructure related software and services.
- Act as a subject matter expert on IT Infrastructure within the business and support any projects with infrastructure input as required.
- Experience in blending off-the-shelf and bespoke software
- Background in automation of technical functions by way of tools or scripting
- Extensive experience in managing and maintaining monitoring and alerting systems
- Extensive experience in managing and maintaining backup systems
- In depth working knowledge of firewalls, switching, routing and VLANs -
- Experience working with load balancing technologies
- Accurately convey technical detail in a non-technical manner to staff outside of the IT department
- Undertake ad hoc training and mentoring with our staff on infrastructure topics
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor system performance via relevant dashboards, highlighting any amber issues and acting on red issues.
- Aim to future proof systems and exploit existing technologies by installing upgrades and modifications which will allow our business to grow and expand its patient base.
- Complete daily infrastructure checks to ensure critical processes and back-ups have been successful.
- Act on any systems in which processes and / or back-ups have failed or not been completed. Ensure recovery of information is complete as quickly as possible.
- Deal with any reactive troubleshooting alerts that arrive via the IT Service Management systems regarding outages, issues or reboots.
- Complete proactive maintenance of systems during quiet periods to maximise uptime and limit any faults or issues.
- Support satellite sites in ensuring they have the correct IT infrastructure to access relevant systems and databases.
- Ensure compliance with ITIL standards and procedures is maintained at all times.
- Create and update detailed technical, security and solution design documentation.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for infrastructure processes. Regularly review and maintain SOPs to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Cloud Related Certifications / Qualification (Azure, O365, D365)
- Experience in managing and maintaining cloud services specifically O365 and D365
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- VCP - VMware Certified Professional
This is an excellent opportunity within a rewarding arena.
Call Experis IT today on 0121 712 8715 for more information.