IT Engineer - On Site (Education)
Salary details: £22,500 - £24,300 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Vacancy type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Interview dates: ASAP
About the role:
Joining the Birmingham IT Team, you will work with the schools and the wider IT teams to provide excellent customer centric, proactive and reactive support to ensure the continuous availability of the IT equipment within the SLA's and KPI's as defined.
- Demonstrable experience working within a school or other related environment.
- Able to put the end user at ease and deal sensitively with issues/complaints.
- Able to collaborate with others to achieve high standards of end user satisfaction.
- Act as a point of reference for queries from other team members.
- Use expertise to reach effective resolution and prevention of future incidents.
- Understand the need to adapt your style to suit the end user, communicate in a clear and confident manner.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in building relationships with others.
- Able to quickly modify priorities and actions to meet end user/management requirements.
- Put current processes to the test and think of a better way; document the process, utilise and share.
- Technical experience of receiving and resolving issues in IT within schools across a range of devices.
- Experience of identifying and resolving issues relating to the following:
Windows, iOS, Mobile Device Management, Chrome devices, printers and print management solutions, projectors, IWB's and other interactive teaching technologies, internet and network connectivity, wireless and local area networks, email, Sharepoint, School Management Information Systems (Bromcom/Scholarpack), software distribution using automated tools (SCCM), school-based software/applications, active directory.
- Excellent analytical skills when identifying issues
- A logical approach to problem solving and coordination of the information gathered to assist the technical team where necessary
- Excellent customer service skills and the desire to provide a professional IT service to schools
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Rising to 29 days after 2 years of service and then again to 30 days after 3 years of service
- Flexible/ Agile working
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
Apply today for immediate consideration and interview! Role needs to move quickly due to schools returning - Great chance to be in a role quickly!