IT Business Analyst
Experis are currently recruiting for a IT Business Analyst for a central government department based in Northern Ireland. The IT Business Analyst will work with target business areas to understand and analyse user/business needs and map their processes, identifying information and data dependencies at each stage.
The specialist will lead and deliver on stakeholder engagement, analysis of business processes, functional specification and user acceptance criteria, and document the requirements to industry standard best practices (use cases, requirements catalogue etc.) so that they can be developed by IT solutions providers. Analysis should highlight the benefits of changing process and procedures which, once agreed, will inform identification of IT solution types and recommendations.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working in an IT analysis role or a role that requires considered analysis of options and definition of solutions.
- Good understanding of IT processes and functions (Functional & Application Design, System Development Lifecycle, and Architecture).
- Formally trained in business and systems analysis to BCS (formerly ISEB) Practitioner level.
- Demonstrable evidence of strong communication, problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of interacting with stakeholders at different levels, including written communications on detailed and complex subject matter.
Flexible approach offering mix of on-site and home-working 5 days a week. On-site working for face-to-face meetings, workshops etc.