IoT Telemetry Engineer
Location: Remote (With occasional travel to client sites)
We have an exciting opportunity to join and support one of our clients, a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of €12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions.
As an IoT/Telemetry Engineer, you will work with utilities clients on long-term programmes to migrate remote sites and top-end telemetry and control systems to next-generation technology!
Main responsibilities and signs of success:
- Be a trusted player for the Operational Technology (OT) customer team
- Provide return on experience to the team and Client as required
- Ensure that Networks & Security are taken into account in all new deployment
- Provide inputs to the Low-Level Design, and participate to commissioning.
The role is based in the UK and candidates should be available for travel to client sites throughout the country.
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of ladder logic programming
- Radio technologies including scanning radio, LTE cellular, Narrowband, and satellite communications for telemetry, command and control like for example MODBUS and DNP3
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, communications means (LoRaWAN, NB-IoT), cloud data repository and management systems
- Knowledge of Edge concepts and distributed architectures.
In addition to becoming a part of a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including discounted products and services
- Comprehensive and fully funded training and development programmes in place to help you develop your career
If you feel like you have the skills, are keen to pursue a role as an IoT Telemetry Engineer with a global company that invests into their employee's career development, then please apply via the link.