Internal Audit Specialist - IT Financial Controls
Location: Birmingham / London (Currently remote working)
We are actively looking to secure an Internal Audit Specialist to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
The role is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, IT Governance & Assurance to ensure that Technology is compliant with UK Financial legislation & India companies Act. The client seeks greater reliance upon IT controls. These need to be operated, monitored and where gaps exist to drive quick remediation. To work directly with Group audit and external auditors to maintain a very high standard of compliance. An adverse audit report and poor scope control will result in reputational and financial damage to the client.
- Leading a small team of DR's (5) and responsible for matrix management of between 12 -20 technical compliance leads.
- Primary lead into external auditor to drive IT Control adherence. To develop and adapt new controls where required. To support Audit testing and to drive remediation fix plans to address audit gaps.
- To govern the Technology scope into the audit both for applications and develop and run an IT Controls lifecycle framework. This will involve onboarding assessment to understand business rationale, technical ability to run IT control, costs, complexity and dates. On agreement, onboarding plans to make audit ready.
- To assist the team to automate IT Controls, mapping the current framework into a strategic BT Technology framework.
- To create and maintain a health dashboard for applications and IT Controls. This to inform programme decision making.
- To support the ITGC programme manager and programme meeting governance. Acting as an expert in one or more key IT processes, providing insight and expertise.
- Using expert knowledge to provide the senior managers responsible for controls (MDs, Platform Directors and Senior Management Team Members) with the most current guidance on the applicable control requirements.
- Managing the liaison between the client and its auditors to agree scoping and approaches to test controls as part of the 3 lines of defence governance framework.
- Ensuring that requirements, timelines, quality of information requirements are all understood and delivered by responsible directors.
- A track records of coaching a team to meet demanding and complex targets.
- Have a good knowledge of financial control frameworks in general, previously SOX now UK Financial requirements, in order to ensure that IT controls are managed in a balanced and appropriate manner, consistent with industry best practise.
- Expert at providing programme office structure to complex programmes. Expert at programme change control. To be able to work with business sponsors and IT technical delivery teams to get status. To be able to manage stakeholders in a complex environment of business and audit risk demand.
- An understanding of risk management and client Enterprise Risk Management practices including the three lines of defence model.
- A good competent grounding in IT tools, Excel and Access. The ability to develop, present and update a dashboard of IT health status, both applications and IT controls
- Experienced in providing expert knowledge to the senior owners of control issues, supporting them to deliver optimum level of assurance against issues raised by audit for the lowest cost. (MDs, Platform Directors and Senior Management Team Members).