Job Tittle: Infrastructure Virtualisation Engineering Service (Ive) SC Cleared
Duration: Initially until end of March 2024 with likely extension
Rate: Up to £700-£800 per day based on relevant experience Outside IR35
The Infrastructure Virtualisation Engineering Service will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core virtual estate which form the backbone of the NSoIT(D) Platform. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
- The design, development, building and validation of all virtualisation components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform.
- Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Supporting wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have:
- Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years within the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
o VMware ESXi
? Distributed Virtual Switches
? Distributed Resource Scheduler
? Distributed Power Management o VMware vSAN
? Hybrid and All Flash storage configurations
o VMware vCenter
? High Availability;
? Cross-site failure and resiliency
o VMware NSX
? Microsegmentation Firewalling
? Cross Site VC NSX o VMware Horizon ? AppVolumes. ? AppStacks.
- At least one professional Virtualisation certification that has been obtained within the last five years, i.e. VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
- Competency in MS Office Suite.
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is desirable that individuals have:
- Experience of:
- Working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally with Defence Digital (formerlyISS).
- Delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
- Delivering in Agile (SAFE4) and Waterfall projects.
- Large Virtualisation infrastructure environments that operate at scale.
- Knowledge of The Atlassian toolset (JIRA and Confluence) to record and document work.
- Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), VMware Network Virtualisation (NSX-DC) or similar.
- A Computer Science university-based education at Bachelors or Masters level.
- Experience in developing secure architecture within a multi-tenanted environment.
If this is the role for you please submit your CV at your earliest convenience.